Rodriguez Law is one of a few firms in New York with a practice area dedicated to the Restaurant and Nightlife industry. We address the increasingly technical and specialized nature of the legal needs of restaurants, bars, and nightclubs on a vast range of issues.
We regularly represent restaurant and nightlife industry clients on the following issues:
- Liquor licensing, counseling on Alcoholic Beverage Control Law compliance, and defending alleged license violations and proceedings to revoke or cancel before the State Liquor Authority.
- Wage and hour claims including issues involving minimum wage, overtime, tipped employees, classification, permissible deductions from pay, DOL audits/investigations, and child labor.
- Employment disputes and litigation including defense of discrimination, harassment and retaliation claims, EEOC charges and administrative proceedings, and the enforcement of non-disclosure and non-compete agreements. We can be there every step of the way, from the litigation stage to the appeals process before agencies and federal and state courts.
- Union issues, union avoidance and representing employers in unfair labor practice litigation before the National Labor Relations Board, collective bargaining, and arbitration.
- Employment handbooks, employee contracts, and personnel policies and procedures.
- Commercial litigation including all federal and state litigation involving breach of contract, promissory notes, investor-stockholder-partner disputes, etc.
- Landlord-Tenant Disputes including non-payment and eviction court proceedings.
- Intellectual Property management including trademark registration and conflicts, trade name registration, copyrighting of logo and menu, and trade secret protection of brands and any proprietary products that may be developed and marketed.
- Asset protection and business organization including forming or restructuring restaurants to shield clients’ potential liability to employees, customers, independent contractors, and other third parties.
- Purchase, sale, or transfer of business assets or stock.
We encourage you to review our Practice Group pages for additional information and then contact us to discuss your legal needs.
REQUEST A CASE EVALUATION
Fill out the form below to contact us regarding a case evaluation.