Wine Bar License Approved in Flatiron (Manhattan) Despite Fierce Opposition By Local Park Preservation Organization
- Successfully obtained a wine tavern license in the popular Flatiron area of Manhattan. The application was opposed by a local park preservation organization before both Community Board 3 and the State Liquor Authority and which had successfully protested two previous applicants at the location, resulting in their denial. The proposed establishment was presented as a classy Italian wine bar. Our client agreed to several stipulations regarding closing time and crowd management, resulting in support from Community Board 3 and ultimately an approval by the State Liquor Authority. No other issues arose in the process.
Liquor Store License Approved in East Harlem (Manhattan) in 3 ½ Months Despite Protest from Closest Competitor – Sold 2 Years Later in Highly Profitable Deal
- Successfully obtained approval for a liquor store license in East Harlem. The application was strongly opposed by its nearest competitor, a liquor store located just 2 blocks away. The application was approved before the Full Board of the State Liquor Authority on the basis of strong gross sales from neighboring stores and the fact that our client was committed to providing the largest array of wines and liquors from throughout Latin America in Manhattan. Two years later, our client decided to return to his native country in South America and sold the liquor store in a profitable deal.
Liquor Store License Approved in Harlem (Manhattan) Despite Opposition From Competitor Liquor Store Located 2 Blocks Away
Charges For [insert] Against Wine Bar in Bay Ridge (Brooklyn) Dismissed By State Liquor Authority After Fierce Hearing
Charges For After Hour Sales of Liquor Against Washington Heights (Manhattan) Nightclub Dismissed By Administrative Law Judge After Contested Hearing Against State Liquor Authority
Sale of Nightclub
- Represented seller in the sale of one of the largest nightclubs in Manhattan for approximately $1 million after it was shut down by the New York Police Department and the New York City Law Department and had its liquor license canceled.
Liquor License For Large Nightclub Approved
- Successfully obtained approval for an on-premise liquor license for one of the largest nightclubs in Manhattan in the face of fierce community board opposition and despite the fact that the New York Police Department and the New York State Liquor Authority shut down the previous owner and canceled his liquor license due to a series of stabbings, slashes, and brawls.
Purchase of Stock Interest in Nightclub
- Represented client in the negotiation and purchase of a 25% interest in one of the most successful nightclubs in the Bronx.
Wine Wholesale License Approved by SLA & TTB to Import From Spain
- Represented client in launching a wine wholesale importing business which would import wine from Spain before the Alcohol and Tobacco Tax and Trade Bureau and the New York State Liquor Authority.
Wine Store License Approved in Highly Competitive Chinatown
- Successfully represented and counseled client in launching a wine store and obtaining approval of his wine store license in the highly competitive Canal Street (Chinatown) area in Manhattan despite protests from neighboring wine and liquor stores.
Liquor Store License Approved in Crown Heights Brooklyn Despite Another Liquor Store Across Street
- Successfully represented client in opening a liquor store in the Crown Heights section of Brooklyn and obtaining approval of her liquor store license despite the presence of another liquor store one block away.